Nurse B.K. Morris gives a flu shot to Winifred Quinn during a news event about the flu vaccine September 17, 2015, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
There are rising concerns about the flu as Arkansas hospitals and clinics fill up with patients testing positive.
Officials of the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) have reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that influenza (flu) activity level in the state has increased to widespread.
Raghu Kasetty, MD of OSF St. Francis said the local flu season will presumably get worse before it improves. There are different flu vaccines approved for use in different groups of people, so it is important to consult with a healthcare professional about which option is right for you. It is around this time of the year that misinformation and common myths about the flu typically start to arise. Why, then, isn't everyone getting that annual flu shot?
Statistically speaking, some people will come down with the flu shortly after getting the flu shot - but, again, the illness isn't caused by the vaccine itself.
But it still isn't too late to get a flu vaccine for this season.
Marijuana Use By Pregnant Women On The Rise
An expert speculates that the rise might be partially explained by the increased availability of legal marijuana in recent years. Along with advising against marijuana use, doctors have long advised pregnant women to avoid drinking alcohol during pregnancy.
Florida law prohibits pre-paying 2018 property taxes
Currently, the deduction for property taxes is unlimited, and you can also choose to deduct either income taxes or sales taxes. In some high-tax states like New York, New Jersey and Maryland, that means some homeowners will be paying a lot more in taxes.
British Woman Sentenced To Three Years In Egyptian Prison
Christmas Day is a normal working day in the Islamic country, and the shop assistant from Hull appeared in the dock handcuffed. The family has previously said Plummer had no idea that what she was doing was illegal and she was just "daft".
The flu is made up of various strands of the virus and, another round of the flu is about to descend.
The 2017-18 flu season is upon us.
Thihalolipavan urged San Diegans to get flu shots if they haven't already. In fact, we're well in its midst, since flu season dates can range from October to May. Most flu vaccines protect against strains that are only respiratory in nature.
So far 43% of you say you're going downhill, but the remaining 57% say you're doing just fine. The vaccine is made with a dead or weakened form of the flu virus, which can't give you influenza given the stunted amounts within the shot.
After receiving the vaccination it takes two weeks to become effective, making time imperative to avoiding influenza. However, studies have found that there is no link between vaccines containing thimerosal and ASD. Many health plans cover the cost of the vaccine with no copay.
Seniors, those aged over 65, get the shots free. The flu can be especially serious for children, the elderly and those with weak immune systems.